by Cathy Parkes September 27, 2021 Updated: March 31, 2022
Lead exposure: Pre-1978 housing is at risk for lead-based paint!
- Avoid children playing in soil right outside home.
- Wet mop floors (vs. vacuuming).
- Use wet sanding technique (vs. dry sanding).
- Make sure children get enough iron and calcium in diet.
- Use cold water vs. hot water for drinking and cooking.
A patient experiencing Acute Kidney Injury (AKI) will likely have hyperkalemia, hyponatremia, hypocalcemia, metabolic acidosis, anemia, and elevated creatinine and BUN.Read Article
A patient taking a strong iodine solution to treat hyperthyroidism or thyrotoxicosis in preparation for thyroidectomy should be educated as to the symptoms of iodism (e.g., metallic taste, stomatitis, severe GI upset).Read Article
Videos by Topic
Sign up to get the latest on sales, new releases and more …