by Cathy Parkes September 29, 2020 Updated: December 29, 2021
During a seizure, take these important nursing actions:
- Lower patient to the bed or floor if standing/sitting.
- Turn the patient to his/her side.
- Loosen restrictive clothing.
- Do NOT put anything in the patient’s mouth.
- Do NOT restrain patient.
- Note onset/duration of seizure.
Patients taking corticosteroids (e.g., prednisone, hydrocortisone) are at increased risk of infection. Monitor for signs of infection, and educate patients taking these medications to avoid crowded areas and perform frequent hand hygiene.Read Article
Written educational materials should be provided in the patient's primary language using layman's terms and an appropriate reading level.Read Article
Videos by Topic
Sign up to get the latest on sales, new releases and more …