- Cut opening in skin barrier ≤ 1/8" bigger than the measured stoma size to prevent skin damage from contact with ostomy output.
- Assess stoma regularly - should be pink/moist. Pale/blue stoma indicates ischemia.
Best practices for patients with DYSPHAGIA
- Consume small frequent meals.
- Do not drink liquids with meals.
- Include protein and fat at each meal.
- Avoid dairy products and concentrated sugar.
HINT: You might aloe on your backside from all that diarrhea.
Lubiprostone is used for IBS w/consipation.
HINT: Use lubiprostone to "lube up that stone-like stool".
Videos by Subject
Sign up to get the latest on sales, new releases and more …