Infection, Inflammation, & Antibiotics Resources
If you’re looking for all the Level Up RN resources that tackle infection, inflammation, and antibiotics, you’ve come to the right place! These are incredibly important topics to understand for all areas of nursing. Here we have compiled all our videos, articles and flashcards that discuss antibiotics, the immune system, inflammation, and infection.
Video articles on immunity & infection
- Med-Surg Immune System, part 1: Intro, Innate Immunity, Inflammation
- Med-Surg Immune System, part 2: Acquired Immunity - Humoral and Cellular
- Med-Surg Immune System, part 3: Immune System Malfunction & Infection
- Med-Surg Immune System, part 4: Immune Diagnostic Tests - WBCs, Neutrophils, ESR, CRP
Flashcards on antibiotics, immunity & infection
We have covered antibiotics, the immune system, inflammation and infection across multiple Level Up RN Flashcards.
Medical-Surgical Flashcards on antibiotics & the immune system
If you need an overview on the immune system, including how immunity works, infection, and diagnostic tests, our Medical Surgical Flashcards for nursing students (Immune system) cover these topics.
- Card 1: Immune system functions & key processes
- Card 2: Innate immunity: Inflammation & stages of inflammation
- Card 3: Innate Immunity: Types of white blood cells, normal percentage & function
- Card 4: Acquired Immunity: Steps in humoral (antibody-mediated) immunity
- Card 5: Acquired Immunity: Humoral immunity illustration
- Card 6: Acquired Immunity: Cellular (cell-mediated) immunity, initiation, & types of cells involved
- Card 7: Acquired immunity: Active vs. passive and natural vs. artificial immunity
- Card 9: Infection: Chain of infection & stages of infection
- Card 10: Infection: Risk factors & systemic vs. local symptoms
- Card 11: Diagnostic Tests: Normal ranges for WBC, ESR, and CRP
Pharmacology Flashcards on antibiotics
If you need to remember antibiotics, including their indications, mode of action, side effects, key patient teaching and nursing care tips, as well as potential antibiotic black box warnings for your Pharmacology exams or nursing practice, our Pharmacology Flashcards for nursing students cover these topics.
- Card 153: Macrolides (azithromycin, erythromycin)
- Card 154: Lincosamides (clindamycin)
- Card 155: Aminoglycosides (gentamicin)
- Card 156: Tetracyclines (doxycycline, tetracycline)
- Card 157: Glycopeptide Antibiotics (vancomycin)
- Card 158: Penicillins (penicillin G)
- Card 159: Aminopenicillins (amoxicillin)
- Card 160: Extended Release Penicillin (piperacillin/tazobactam)
- Card 161: Cephalosporins (cephalexin, ceftriaxone, ceftazidime, cefepime)
- Card 162: Carbapenems (imipenem/cilastatin)
- Card 163: Fluoroquinolones (ciprofloxacin, levofloxacin)
- Card 164: Sulfonamides (trimethoprim/sulfamethoxazole)
- Card 165: Urinary Tract Antiseptic (nitrofurantoin)
- Card 166: Antiprotozoal (metronidazole)
- Card 167: Antituberculars (rifampin, isoniazid, pyrazinamide, ethambutol)
- Card 170: Topical Medications (bacitracin, mupirocin)
Lab Values flashcards on the immune system
If you need to remember the normal and abnormal levels of white blood cells and other immune system labs, our Lab Values Flashcards for nursing students cover these topics.
- Card 27-28: White Blood Cells (WBCs)
- Card 47: Erythrocyte Sedimentation Rate (ESR)
- Card 48: C-Reactive Protein (CRP)
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.
by Meris Shuwarger Jan 03, 2022 5 min read
Want more information on how to use the weekly spread of our Nursing School Planner? Check out this video, where Meris describes each component of the weekly view, and how it can help you keep track of your academic and personal life and get ahead on your tasks.
by Meris Shuwarger Dec 26, 2021 8 min read 1 Comment
by Meris Shuwarger Dec 20, 2021 4 min read
In this video, Meris shares with you the biggest mistakes she made when she was trying to learn how to manage her time using a planner while in nursing school. Learn from her mistakes, and use your planner so it works for you!
Videos by Topic
Sign up to get the latest on sales, new releases and more …