New Grad RN Programs
How do you land a position? What makes a good program?
In this video, Cathy takes a few minutes to talk about some very practical steps you can take to give yourself the best chance to get a position as a new grad RN.
She then talks about some specific things you should consider when you are looking at new grad RN programs.
Watch as Cathy discusses:
Getting ready to land the position
- Understand how competitive it is to get a new grad RN position in your area (city, state, etc).
- Get your foot in the door (intern/get a position, become an internal candidate)
- Bring your "A-game" during your clinical rounds.
How to evaluate potential new grad RN programs
- Length of the program?
- How long do you have with a preceptor?
- Are their courses and classes included in the new grad program?
More tips and advice for new nurses
Popular Resources from Level Up RN