Scholar Contest Rules
- Can I nominate myself?
- Technically, you can, however you will not be eligible to win the $1,000 prize.
- Am I uploading a picture/video of myself or about the person I’m nominating?
- Upload a picture/video of the person you are nominating!
- What if someone is nominated multiple times?
- Top 20 PEOPLE will be nominated based on collective votes received for that PERSON across all nominations featuring them.
- If someone is nominated multiple times, and that nomination wins, who will get the Nursing Flashcards Value Pack?
- IF multiple people nominate a student who ultimately is selected, the entry with the most votes will receive the Value Pack prize.
1. Sponsor: Level Up RN Scholar Contest (the "Contest") is sponsored by Level Up RN, 1150 Garden View Road #230844, Encinitas, CA (the “Sponsor”). The Sponsor is responsible for all aspects of the Contest. Participation in the Contest constitutes the participant's full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules, and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest.
2. Eligibility: Contest (the "Contest") is only open to participants who are legal residents of the United States, and who are 18+ at the time of entry (the “Entrant”) and are currently enrolled in an accredited Nursing School. Employees of Level Up Rn (the "Sponsor"), their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, suppliers and their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each are not eligible to participate in the Contest. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited or restricted by law, rule, or regulation.
3. Contest Period: Entries will be accepted online starting on May 06, 2020 at 12:00 AM and ending May 12, 2020 at 11:59 PM (the “Entry Period”). All online entries must be received by May 12, 2020 11:59 PM. All times are (GMT-08:00) Pacific Time (US & Canada). Entries submitted before or after the Entry Period will not be eligible. Sponsor’s computer is the official timekeeping device for the Contest.
4. How to Enter: The Contest must be entered by submitting a nomination for an active nursing student to be entered to win this contest by using the online form provided on this site. The entry must fulfill all Contest requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are not complete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of Level Up Rn . You may enter up to one nomination per day and you must fill in the information requested.
5. Qualifying Submissions: Nominees must be able to demonstrate current enrollment in a nursing program in the United States. This contest is open to US Residents only. Not available where prohibited by law. Nominations are limited to ONE per person per day.
5.5 Voting: All Qualifying Submissions will enter a voting stage beginning on May 6, 2020 and ending May 17th, 2020. Each person participating in the Voting stage is permitted to vote one time per unique Contest Entry. You may not use multiple e-mail addresses, identities or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules. If voters use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of Level Up Rn .
6. Judging: The top 20 nominees with the most votes will be considered by our panel of judges and five (5) nominee winners will be selected. In addition, the five (5) people who nominated the chosen winners will qualify for a prize as well. Judging will be conducted by a panel of judges including Cathy Parkes BSN, RN, CWCN, PHN and other associates of Level Up RN.
7. Prizes: The approximate retail value of all prizes is $5,745. The prizes for winning nominees will be awarded to 5 recipients, each of which receive $1,000 to be used at their discretion. The prizes for those that nominated the winning nominees will be awarded to 5 recipients, each of which will receive a Nursing Flashcards - Value Pack from Level Up RN worth $149 each. Actual/appraised value may differ at time of prize award. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by the Sponsor. No cash or other prize substitution permitted except at Sponsor's discretion. The prize is non transferable. Any and all prize related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and local taxes shall be the sole responsibility of the winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by winners is permitted. Nominee winners must submit a signed and completed W9 as a condition of acceptance. This contest is classified as a prize and may be taxable; a 1099 miscellaneous form will be provided. Winners are encouraged to contact their tax advisor regarding proper tax treatment. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for Level Up Rn to use winner's name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
8. Winner Notification: Winners of the Contest will be notified via e-mail or phone to the e-mail address or phone number they entered into the Contest with within five (5) days following the winner selection. Level Up Rn shall have no liability for a winner's failure to receive notices due to winners' spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for winners' provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If the selected winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 15 days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and releases as required, prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner selected. The receipt by winner of the prize offered in this Contest is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal and state laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY ANY WINNER (AT SPONSOR'S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN SUCH WINNER'S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CONTEST AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
9. Rights Granted by you: By entering this Contest you understand that Level Up RN, anyone acting on behalf of Level Up RN, or its respective licensees, successors and assigns will have the right, where permitted by law, without any further notice, review or consent to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use, worldwide in any media now known or hereafter in perpetuity and throughout the World, your entry, including, without limitation, the entry and winner's name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image or statements about the Contest, and biographical information as news, publicity or information and for trade, advertising, public relations and promotional purposes without any further compensation.
10. Terms: Level Up RN reserves the right, in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest should (in its sole discretion) a virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, fraud or other causes beyond its control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Contest. In such a case, Level Up Rn may judge submissions from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Level Up RN. Level Up RN reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or website or violates these Terms & Conditions.
Level Up Rn has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Contest, to void entries for any reason, including, but not limited to; multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by Contest rules; or the use of bots, macros or scripts or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Level Up Rn reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. By entering the Contest you agree to receive email newsletters periodically from Level Up RN. You can opt-out of receiving this communication at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link in the newsletter.
11. Limitation of Liability: By entering you agree to release and hold harmless Level Up Rn and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from (i) such entrant's participation in the contest and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof, (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunctioning of any computer, cable, network, hardware or software; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions or telephone or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Contest; (v) electronic or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries.
12. Disputes: THIS CONTEST IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF UNITED STATES AND CALIFORNIA, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Contest, the participant agrees that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in California having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will participants be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorneys' fees, other than participant's actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Contest), and participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
14. Winners List: For the names of the winners, please contact us at and in the body of the email type 'Please e-mail me the winners' list for the Level Up Rn Contest.
15. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, Pinterest, LinkedIn or Google. You understand that you are providing your information to the owner of this Contest and not to Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, Pinterest, LinkedIn or Google.