ABG Interpretation Course
Arterial Blood Gas (ABG) Online course
The ABG Interpretation Online course takes our popular YouTube ABG series to the next level with a purpose-built online learning experience to give you confidence interpreting ABG results. This course was designed to work alongside our Arterial Blood Gas Interpretation Flashcards for Nursing Students.
- Master the top 7 major things you need to know in ABG interpretation
- Track your progress
- Test your understanding
- Work practice problems alongside Cathy!
- Build your confidence - you got this!
The course includes
- 90-day access
- 8 online chapters with interactive quizzes
- Distraction-free, ad-free videos
- A pre-course assessment to identify knowledge gaps
- Progress tracking
- A final exam to confirm your grasp of the material
- Certificate of completion
- How to obtain an ABG
- ABG components and normal ranges for each component
- Buffers that maintain acid/base balance in the body
- Significance of higher/lower values for: pH, PaCO2, and HCO3
- Steps for interpreting ABG results. We'll help guide you through the steps to determine: Which acid/base imbalance is present? And is the imbalance uncompensated, partially compensated, or fully compensated?
- Causes, symptoms, and treatment for acid/base imbalances (Respiratory acidosis, Respiratory alkalosis, Metabolic acidosis, Metabolic alkalosis).
Which Nursing Exams Do These Materials Help With?
Cathy Parkes, BSN, RN, CWCN, PHN in collaboration with a number of other nurses and nursing resources, designed this online course to help nursing students master arterial blood gas interpretation and help prepare them for their nursing exams and develop a better understanding of the causes, symptoms, and treatment of acid-base imbalances.
- head start
Easy to comprehend. So worth it.
I'm not in nursing school till fall, but I wanted to get a head start on getting familiar with things. When I started the pre-course assessment, I got most or all questions wrong. On the AFTER-course assessment, I got 100%. Cathy makes it so easy to understand with (3 SIMPLE STEPS), and little memory tricks. My confidence has gone up. I 100% recommend. I grasped so much information regarding symptoms, what to administer, and causes. THIS IS YOUR GO-TO. The whole course is a bit lengthy but the clips are divided into sections which HELPS a lot, so you can take breaks in between the weeks which also helps you retain more info. The course gives you the option to print questions so you can do them ALONGSIDE Cathy, and take notes, STEP BY STEP. IT'S SOOO PERFECT. THANK YOU CATHY, PLEASE MAKE MORE TOPIC COURSES.
I was having trouble understanding but Let me just say SHE MAKES IT SOOOOOOOOO EASY TO UNDERSTAND. She even gives the option to download/print the practice questions to do it along with her. I 100% ♥️ love that. I was able to follow along and take notes. Definitely will be purchasing courses now. And I love ABGs now. But because she's is excellent at teaching. Again this is my first course but can't wait to try others.
This course was excellent! All the information was explained quickly and easily, and I have more confidence in interpreting ABGs. I also had bought the NCLEX bundle, which has been helping me tremendously in my nursing school courses. Thank you so much!