LGBTQ+ Inclusive Reproductive Care - Course
In this webinar, Meris Shuwarger BSN, RN, CEN, TCRN reviews the basics of LGBTQ+ inclusive reproductive healthcare including terminology, barriers and their effects on patients, changes you can make, and more. Whether you’re a veteran healthcare professional, a new grad, or a student, this information is for you!
Participants of this learning activity will be able to:
- Differentiate between identifiers such as sex, gender, and orientation.
- Recall the correct language to use regarding identifiers.
- Identify barriers LGBTQ+ patients may face and the effects those barriers may have.
- Identify changes the healthcare professional can make in their own practice to improve LGBTQ+ inclusive reproductive healthcare.
Who is this for?
RNs, PNs, LPNs
- Advanced Practice nurses
Contact Hour Details
- Type: Webinar
- Expiration Time: You have 12 months to view and complete these contact hours from time of purchase
- Number of Contact Hours: 1
- Lead Planner: Meris Shuwarger BSN, RN, CEN, TCRN
- Secondary Planner: Cathy Parkes BSN, RN, CWCN, PHN
Level Up RN Contact Hours
Level Up RN is committed to helping nurses and nursing students level up all through their careers. Our team of practicing nurses and nurse educators work together to identify practice gaps and to create practical, interesting contact hour opportunities to address those gaps.
- Level Up RN is accredited as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
- None of the planners for this activity have relevant financial relationship(s) with ineligible companies to disclose.