Pharmacology - Nursing Flashcards
The Level Up RN Pharmacology Flashcards were designed to help nursing students, new nurses or nurses transitioning roles master pharmacology. They provide the key information you need to know to pass your class exams, ATI or HESI exams, and the NCLEX. Our flashcards will help you learn:
- Pharmacology Basics
- Key Medications
Level Up RN flashcards contain just the core information you need to know, without all the fluff. We also incorporate memory tools and tricks to make learning fun and effective. This helps you:
- Focus on the most important medications.
- Save time and effort when studying.
- Retain the information more effectively.
Edition 3 of Level Up RN's Pharmacology Flashcards takes our proven flashcards and adds even more. Now in a durable box with room for your fingers, section dividers, and the Level Up RN Learning System, the most important information you need is easier to use than ever.
Pharmacology BasicsPharmacology basics is now included in Pharmacology Edition 3, and the stand-alone Pharmacology Basics flashcards have been phased out.
Medications by Body System
- Organization of information on the medication cards was updated to include distinct sections (when applicable) for contraindications, interactions, nursing care, and patient teaching.
- Cool chicken hints now appear next to the relevant information (vs. always at the top of the card).
- Brand names for drugs are included in the index, but individual drug cards only contain generic names (as this is tested in nursing school and on the NCLEX).
- Information was updated on some of the medication cards according to current best practices.
- Several new medication cards were added (e.g., memantine, etanercept, monoclonal antibodies, and antiretroviral agents).
- Select medication cards from Edition 2 that contained multiple medications were broken into multiple cards.
- The order of a few medication cards was adjusted to create a more logical flow.
- Medication Regulation
- Safe Medication Administration
- Medication Reconciliation
- Herb-Drug and Food-Drug Interactions
- Antibiotic Teaching
- Common Drug Side Effects
Medications by Body System
- Major classes of medications, organized by body system:
- Key medication information:
- Drug names
- Mode of action
- Side effects
- Nursing care
- Patient teaching
- Black box warnings
For more detail, check out the searchable, interactive index of Pharmacology Topics.
- Pharmacology Basics: Drug names, medication regulation, prescriptions, safe medication administration, pharmacokinetics, medication reconciliation, herb-drug interactions, food-drug interactions, antidotes, antibiotic teaching, and key information on common drug side effects (i.e., anticholinergic effects, bleeding precautions, infection precautions).
- Major classes of medications, organized by body system: respiratory, cardiovascular, nervous, musculoskeletal, endocrine, gastrointestinal, renal, reproductive, immune, and integumentary.
- Key medication information: drug names, indications, mode of action, side effects, nursing care, and patient teaching. Contraindications, interactions, and black box warnings are also included as applicable.
Which Nursing Exams Do These Flashcards Help With?
- ATI and HESI exams
- Nursing class exams
Who will level up their learning using These Flashcards?
- Nursing Students
- Licensed Practical Nurses (LPNs)
- Registered Nurses (RNs)
- Respiratory Therapists (RTs)
- Pharmacy Technicians
Shipping & Returns
US Orders: ALL FLASHCARDS SHIP FREE! Otherwise, flat rate shipping is $7.50 and FREE for orders over $50.
To be eligible for a return, your item must be returned within 30 days, unused, and in the original shrink-wrapped packaging. Bulk discounted orders are not eligible for returns. See full return policy for details.