Psychiatric Mental Health - Nursing Flashcards
The Psychiatric Mental Health Nursing Flashcards were designed to help both nurses and nursing students learn and digest the most important facts and concepts regarding psychiatric mental health.
Understanding psychiatric mental health concepts will not only help with being prepared for exams, it will also help with clinical rotations. Patients with mental health concerns and disorders are in every type of nursing environment. It is essential that nurses be able to effectively assess for mental health concerns, advocate for patients, ensure patient safety (AND personal safety), and provide therapeutic communication. There are three sections of psychiatric mental health knowledge covered in these flashcards:
Psychiatric Mental Health Nursing Topics
- Types of Admissions/Commitments
- Patient Rights
- Informed Consent
- Ethical Principles
- Intentional and Unintentional Torts
- Restraints and Seclusion
- Nurse/Client Relationship Phases
- Transference and Countertransference
- Therapeutic and Non-therapeutic Communication
- Mental Status Exam
- Stress and General Stress Adaptation (GAS)
- Levels of Anxiety
- Types of Crises
- Loss and Grief
- Defense Mechanisms
- Sexual Assault
- Suicidal Patients
- Levels of Prevention
- Relaxation Techniques
- Milieu Therapy
- Group Therapy
- Behavioral Therapy
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS)
- Electroconvulsive Therapy (ECT)
- Vagus Nerve Stimulation (VNS)
- Review of Key Neurotransmitters
- Atypical Anxiolytics
- Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors (SSRIs)
- Serotonin Norepinephrine Reuptake Inhibitors (SNRIs)
- Tricyclic Antidepressants
- Monoamine Oxidase Inhibitors (MAOIs)
- Atypical Antidepressants
- Mood Stabilizers and Anticonvulsants
- Antipsychotics: First and Second Generation
- CNS Stimulants
- Alcohol Abuse Maintenance Medications
- Opioid Abuse Maintenance Medications
- Smoking Cessation Medications
Note: The Psychiatric Mental Health Nursing Flashcards contain medication information that is ALSO covered by our Pharmacology Flashcards in the Nervous System (e.g., SSRIs, MAOIs, etc). We included them in these flashcards too, so that you have everything you need for Psychiatric Mental Health Nursing in ONE set of flashcards.
- Generalized Anxiety Disorder (GAD)
- Major Depressive Disorder (MDD)
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Bipolar Affective Disorder
- Personality Disorders
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Dissociative Disorders
- Somatic Syndrome Disorder (SSD)
- Factitious Disorder
- Gender Dysphoria
- Body Dysmorphic Disorder
- Bulimia Nervosa
- Anorexia Nervosa
- Binge Eating Disorder
- Alzheimer’s Disease
- Alcohol Abuse
- Opioid Use Disorder
- Stimulant Use Disorder
- Paraphilic Disorders
Which Nursing Exams Do These Flashcards Help With?
- NCLEX and comprehensive predictor exams (e.g., ATI, HESI)
- Nursing class exams
Who will level up their learning using these flashcards?
- Nursing students
- Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
- Registered Nurse (RN)
- Patient Care Assistant (PCA)
Shipping & Returns
Flat rate shipping is $7.50 on all orders and FREE for orders over $99. To be eligible for a return, your item must be returned within 30 days, unused, and in the original shrink-wrapped packaging. Bulk discounted orders are not eligible for returns. See full return policy for details.
- mental health
- flash cards
These cards are perfect and provide a snapshot of pertinent information. I’m already considering ordering the Med-Surg cards for next semester.
Mental Health Nursing Flashcards
The cards are a great resource. Gives you all the "need to know" info without all the fluff. It helped me in a great way with studying. Scored an 88 on my first exam. Will definitely invest in the other cards offered as well. I totally recommend!
Best resource so far!
Omg. This is the best idea ever created. Kudos to the mastermind behind this clever idea. These cards are perfect. They help so very much. They are easy to carry around and review while I am doing whatever. While shopping, working, being at home and most importantly—studying. Thank you so much. I have an A in my Mental Health class right now and I truly believe it is because of these flashcards with all the easy tips and tricks on how to remember the information. I love them.
They have a great overview of everything you need to know and just the right amount of info to be enough and not overwhelm!
Beautiful flashcards with all of the important info we need to know! I will be purchasing more study aids!