ABG Interpretation for Nurses - Course
The ABG Interpretation Course for Nurses is a purpose-built online learning experience to give you confidence interpreting ABG results.
- Master the top 7 major things you need to know in ABG interpretation
- Track your progress
- Test your understanding
- Work practice problems alongside Cathy
- Build your confidence - you've got this!
Cathy Parkes, BSN, RN, CWCN, PHN in collaboration with a number of other nurses and nursing resources, designed this online course to help nurses master arterial blood gas interpretation and develop a better understanding of the causes, symptoms, and treatment of acid-base imbalances.
Participants of this learning activity will be able to:
- Recall normal ranges for ABG lab levels.
- Describe the buffer system including the terms compensated and uncompensated.
- Interpret ABG lab results.
- Identify signs and symptoms of metabolic alkalosis, metabolic acidosis, respiratory alkalosis, and respiratory acidosis.
Who is this for?
RNs, PNs, LPNs
- Advanced Practice nurses
Contact Hour Details
- Type: Online Course
- Expiration Time: You have 12 months to view and complete these contact hours from time of purchase
- Number of Contact Hours: 4
- Lead Planner: Cathy Parkes BSN, RN, CWCN, PHN
Level Up RN Contact Hours
Level Up RN is committed to helping nurses and nursing students level up all through their careers. Our team of practicing nurses and nurse educators work together to identify practice gaps and to create practical, interesting contact hour opportunities to address those gaps.
- Level Up RN is accredited as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
- None of the planners for this activity have relevant financial relationship(s) with ineligible companies to disclose.