Lab Values - Nursing Flashcards
The Lab Values Flashcards were designed to help nursing students learn and retain the most important lab value ranges required to pass the ATI, NCLEX, or HESI exams and are a helpful reference for practicing RNs, PNs, and other medical professionals. No more flipping through textbooks to find normal lab value ranges. Instead, spend time understanding the significance of the lab values. These flashcards contain lab value ranges and provides the significance of high/low values for the following:
- Arterial blood gases
- Cardiac labs/values
- Hematologic labs/values
- Gastrointestinal labs/values
- Renal labs/values
- Endocrine labs/values
- And more!
- Sixty-six (66) 3” x 5” durable cards with a glossy finish on the front and a matte finish on the back so you can add your own note
- Priority information highlighted
- A brief definition of each lab value included on every card
- Cathy's tips and tricks for remembering the lab range included for approximately one-third of the cards
Lab Values topics
- Arterial Blood Gases: pH, PaO2, PaCO2, HCO3, SaO2
- Electrolytes: Sodium (Na), Calcium (Ca), Potassium (K), Magnesium (Mg), Chloride (Cl), Phosphorus (P)
- Cardiac labs/values: CKMB, Troponin T, Troponin I, Myoglobin, Cholesterol, LDL, Triglycerides, HDL, Central Venous Pressure (CVP), Pulmonary Arterial
- Wedge Pressure (PAWP), Cardiac Output (CO), Human B-type natriuretic peptides (hBNP), Left Ventricular Ejection Fraction (LVEF), Blood Pressure.
- Hematologic labs/values: Red Blood Cells (RBCs), White Blood Cells (WBCs), Platelets, Hemoglobin (Hgb), Hematocrit (Hct), Activated Partial
- Thromboplastin Time (aPTT), Prothrombin Time (PT), International Normalized Ration (INR), D-Dimer.
- Gastrointestinal labs/values: Aspartate aminotransferase (AST), Alanine aminotransferase (ALT), Amylase, Lipase, Bilirubin, Albumin, Prealbumin,
- Protein, Ammonia.
- Renal labs/values: Creatinine, Blood Urea Nitrogen (BUN), Glomerular Filtration Rate (GFR), Urine Output, Urine Specific Gravity, Urine Osmolality,
- Serum Osmolality
- Endocrine labs/values: T3, T4, TSH, Blood glucose ranges (includes Diabetes diagnosis criteria, Hypoglycemia, Diabetic Ketoacidosis, Hyperglycemic-
- Hyperosmolar State).
- Medications: Digoxin, Lithium, Phenytoin
- Others: Intracranial Pressure (ICP), Intraocular Pressure (IOP), Erythrocyte Sedimentation Rate (ESR), C-Reactive Protein (CRP), HIV/AIDs stages.
NOTE: Many lab values contained in these flashcards can also be found in other Level Up RN flashcards when they are key to the material. These flashcards consolidates all of the nursing lab values into one place and provides a more comprehensive review for each value set. Lab values vary slightly from one source to another. Therefore, your textbook or professor may have slightly different lab value ranges from the lab value ranges contained in these flashcards. Our cards are matte on back, so you can feel free to write in alternative ranges/values if necessary! On Nursing exams, if you are given a lab value that is out-of-range, it will typically be VERY out-of-range. So, slight differences in expected lab value ranges should not impact your ability to recognize out-of-range lab values on exams. All of our lab value ranges were cross-referenced against multiple nursing textbooks, .gov websites, and other peer-reviewed sources to bring you the most accurate and well-established ranges.For more detail, check out the searchable, interactive index of Lab Values Topics.
Which Nursing Exams Do These Flashcards Help With?
- Comprehensive Predictor exams (e.g., HESI, ATI)
- NCLEX exam
Who will level up their learning using These Flashcards?
- Nursing students
- Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
- Registered Nurse (RN)
- Respiratory Therapy (RT)
- Lab Tech
- Nutrition Services
Shipping & Returns
Flat rate shipping is $7.50 on all orders and FREE for orders over $99. To be eligible for a return, your item must be returned within 30 days, unused, and in the original shrink-wrapped packaging. Bulk discounted orders are not eligible for returns. See full return policy for details.
- nursing school
- lab values
- flash cards
Truly the greatest!
I have been able to get level 2’s ever since I bought the cards. I wish that I had bought them earlier in my program! I love the explanations of each lab value! I sooo wish I had bought these sooner!!
These and all the other flashcards offered by Cathy are the best I’ve gotten so far. I’m so disappointed I didn’t order them sooner. Very relevant, up-to-date information that’s covered by ATI and the NCLEX. Worth the investment. I stopped making my own and now rely on these for my studying during nursing school! Thanks Cathy!
Learned all the lab values by going over these every day for a week!
These cards helped tremendously. I had the tendency to mix up the numbers and these helped them stick for the exams. With Cathy’s help, I did Level Up and passed nursing school!! :)
Worth every penny
I love the Level Up RN materials so much! I carry the flashcards around with me in my scrubs pocket while I’m at work. During my lunch break I flip the cards and read them. By the time I go home and read my textbook, I already know some of the material from reading the cards. I still read & highlight my books and lecture notes, but then I read the flashcards alongside my notes and mark them up with a different color highlighter. The flashcards are so amazing and so helpful. Thank you so much! Every penny I spent on these cards was worth it. ❤️