Medical Terminology and Abbreviations Flashcards for Nursing Students
The Medical Terminology and Abbreviations Flashcards allows students entering in or currently enrolled in a healthcare-related program to build a strong foundation of medical terminology and abbreviations. These flashcards are divided into 4 main parts:
- Medical Terminology
- Basic Anatomical Terminology
- Medical Abbreviations
- Prescription Abbreviations
- Two hundred two (202) 3” x 5” flashcards plus cover cards and index cards.
- Each card is durable, with a glossy front and a matte back for easy note-taking.
Medical Terminology and Abbreviations Topics
- This section contains the most common and important prefixes, root words, and suffixes you will see in medical terminology.
- Related terms are grouped together in a practical, easy-to-digest way (vs. just an alphabetical list of terms).
- The most important prefixes, roots, and suffixes are tagged with a magnifying glass. These are terms you will definitely need to know!
- Examples are provided for each prefix, root, and suffix. We made sure to include common examples that you are likely to see in school and on the job.
- Cool chicken hints are found throughout this section to give you helpful and silly ways to remember many of the terms.
Basic Anatomical Terminology:
- Anatomical Landmarks, Directional Terms, Body Planes, and Body Cavities are included in this section.
- This section will help you learn the proper way to describe body parts, positions, and directions in a healthcare setting.
- Illustrations are provided to enhance your understanding of the terminology.
- Cool chicken hints are also included in this section to give you silly or helpful ways to remember difficult-to-remember terms.
- The most common abbreviations used in the healthcare setting (and their meanings) from A to Z are provided in this section.
- These abbreviations are used frequently in charting and communications, so being familiar with these terms will give you an edge as a healthcare provider.
- Common prescription abbreviations and their meanings are provided, so you can easily decode prescriptions and understand what is ordered for your patient.
- Error-prone abbreviations that are sometimes seen in medical practice (but are not recommended for use) have been included separately. It is good to be aware of these high-risk terms, so you can clarify orders and advocate for safer terminology as a health care provider.
Who will level up their learning using these flashcards?
- Nursing students
- Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
- Registered Nurse (RN)
- Patient Care Assistant (PCA)
- Respiratory Therapy (RT)
- Lab Tech
- Pharmacy Tech
- Nutrition Services
- Monitor Tech
- Unit Clerk Receptionist
- Environmental Services
Shipping & Returns
Flat rate shipping is $7.50 on all orders and FREE for orders over $100. To be eligible for a return, your item must be returned within 30 days, unused, and in the original shrink-wrapped packaging. Bulk discounted orders are not eligible for returns. See full return policy for details.