Medical Terminology and Abbreviations - Nursing Flashcards
The Level Up RN Medical Terminology Flashcards allow students entering in or currently enrolled in a healthcare-related program to build a strong foundation of medical terminology. These flashcards are divided into 5 sections:
- Anatomical Terms
Our flashcards are uniquely organized with memory tricks to help you effectively learn the most important medical terms you need to know for school and practice. These flashcards contain:
- Related terms grouped together, so you can learn medical terms in a practical, easy-to-digest way (vs. just an alphabetical list of terms).
- The most common and important prefixes, roots, and suffixes are tagged with a magnifying glass. These are terms you will definitely need to know!
- Examples are provided for each prefix, root, and suffix. We made sure to include common examples that you are likely to see in school and on the job.
- Hundreds of Cool Chicken hints are found throughout to give you helpful and silly ways to remember terms.
- One hundred forty nine (149) 3” x 5” content flashcards. Each card is durable, with a glossy front and a matte back for easy note-taking.
- Index of key topics
- Section dividers
- Level Up RN Learning System
- Beautiful, durable storage box
- Helpful, silly hints marked with a Cool Chicken icon
Edition 3 of Level Up RN's Medical Terminology Flashcards takes our proven flashcards and adds even more. Now in a durable box with room for your fingers, section dividers, and the Level Up RN Learning System, the most important information you need is easier to use than ever.
The medical abbreviation section and prescription abbreviation section was removed to make a more manageable size. A few small changes to Cool Chicken hints were also made.
Note: Prescription abbreviations that were previously found in the Medical Terminology flashcards can be found in the new Pharmacology flashcards and in our Dosage Calculation workbook.
MEDICAL TERMINOLOGY AND ABBREVIATIONS TOPICS
- Parts of Medical Terms
- Combining Prefix, Root, & Suffixes
- Positions, Directions, Locations
- Amount, Size, Speed
- Length & Distance
- Numbers & Metric System
- Other Prefixes
- Roots Grouped by Body System: Respiratory, Cardiovascular, Nervous, Musculoskeletal, Endocrine, Gastrointestinal, Renal, Reproductive, Integumentary.
- Other Roots
- Specialities and Specialists
- Tests and Procedures
- Problems and Conditions
- Other Suffixes
- Anatomical Terms for Body Parts
- Directional Terms
- Body Planes
- Body Cavities
Which Nursing Exams Do These Flashcards Help With?
- ATI and HESI exams
- Nursing class exams
Who will level up their learning using These Flashcards?
- Nursing Students
- Licensed Practical Nurses (LPNs)
- Registered Nurses (RNs)
Shipping & Returns
ALL FLASHCARDS SHIP FREE! Otherwise, flat rate shipping is $7.50 and FREE for orders over $99. To be eligible for a return, your item must be returned within 30 days, unused, and in the original shrink-wrapped packaging. Bulk discounted orders are not eligible for returns. See full return policy for details.