Medical Terminology and Abbreviations - Nursing Flashcards
The Medical Terminology and Abbreviations Flashcards allows students entering in or currently enrolled in a healthcare-related program to build a strong foundation of medical terminology and abbreviations. These flashcards are divided into 4 main parts:
- Medical Terminology
- Basic Anatomical Terminology
- Medical Abbreviations
- Prescription Abbreviations
- Two hundred two (202) 3” x 5” flashcards plus cover cards and index cards.
- Each card is durable, with a glossy front and a matte back for easy note-taking.
Medical Terminology and Abbreviations Topics
- This section contains the most common and important prefixes, root words, and suffixes you will see in medical terminology.
- Related terms are grouped together in a practical, easy-to-digest way (vs. just an alphabetical list of terms).
- The most important prefixes, roots, and suffixes are tagged with a magnifying glass. These are terms you will definitely need to know!
- Examples are provided for each prefix, root, and suffix. We made sure to include common examples that you are likely to see in school and on the job.
- Cool chicken hints are found throughout this section to give you helpful and silly ways to remember many of the terms.
Basic Anatomical Terminology:
- Anatomical Landmarks, Directional Terms, Body Planes, and Body Cavities are included in this section.
- This section will help you learn the proper way to describe body parts, positions, and directions in a healthcare setting.
- Illustrations are provided to enhance your understanding of the terminology.
- Cool chicken hints are also included in this section to give you silly or helpful ways to remember difficult-to-remember terms.
- The most common abbreviations used in the healthcare setting (and their meanings) from A to Z are provided in this section.
- These abbreviations are used frequently in charting and communications, so being familiar with these terms will give you an edge as a healthcare provider.
- Common prescription abbreviations and their meanings are provided, so you can easily decode prescriptions and understand what is ordered for your patient.
- Error-prone abbreviations that are sometimes seen in medical practice (but are not recommended for use) have been included separately. It is good to be aware of these high-risk terms, so you can clarify orders and advocate for safer terminology as a health care provider.
Who will level up their learning using these flashcards?
- Nursing students
- Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
- Registered Nurse (RN)
- Patient Care Assistant (PCA)
- Respiratory Therapy (RT)
- Lab Tech
- Pharmacy Tech
- Nutrition Services
- Monitor Tech
- Unit Clerk Receptionist
- Environmental Services
Shipping & Returns
Flat rate shipping is $7.50 on all orders and FREE for orders over $99. To be eligible for a return, your item must be returned within 30 days, unused, and in the original shrink-wrapped packaging. Bulk discounted orders are not eligible for returns. See full return policy for details.
- flash cards
- nursing journey
- customer service
Fantastic! So thankful for the flashcards! Appreciate the material, detail covered and information that is helping in my nursing journey. Thank you Level Up RN!!!
This is a gem
Love this entire concept. I've bought a bunch of flashcards and I love the way they are to the point. So glad I stumbled on this gem!!
Understandable and easy to memorize ! Love it!!!
Love these cards
I have the entire set and they are incredibly helpful along with their YouTube videos. I’ve bought multiple resources including the made easy series, Saunders, Mosby's, F. A. Davis, other Etsy sellers, etc. and none of them compare to the level of learning from these flashcards.