External Radiation Therapy Patient Teaching
by Cathy Parkes August 14, 2020 Updated: December 29, 2021
Patient teaching for external radiation therapy:
- Skin over target area will be marked, do no wash off these marks.
- Wash skin over affected area with mild soap and water, gently pat dry.
- Do not apply lotions, powders, ointments to irradiated skin.
- Wear loose, soft clothing.
- Avoid sun or heat exposure to affected area.
When performing a Snellen exam for visual acuity, an adult should stand 20 feet away from the chart, but a child should stand 10 feet from the chart.Read More
Because of the unpleasant GI side effects of metformin, educate patients to take this medication with a meal.Read More
Videos by Topic
Sign up to get the latest on sales, new releases and more …