External Radiation Therapy Patient Teaching
by Cathy Parkes August 14, 2020 Updated: December 29, 2021
Patient teaching for external radiation therapy:
- Skin over target area will be marked, do no wash off these marks.
- Wash skin over affected area with mild soap and water, gently pat dry.
- Do not apply lotions, powders, ointments to irradiated skin.
- Wear loose, soft clothing.
- Avoid sun or heat exposure to affected area.
Sterile Field Preparation
During sterile field preparation, open the top flap away from your body first. Then open the flap on the right side using the right hand, and the left side using the left hand. Lastly, open the final flap towards your body.Read More
A patient with hyperpituitarism may require surgical treatment with a hypophysectomy.Read More
Canes: Patient Teaching
Educate patients that canes should be held on the strong side with the handle at the level of the wrist.Read More
Videos by Subject
Sign up to get the latest on sales, new releases and more …