External Radiation Therapy Patient Teaching
by Cathy Parkes August 14, 2020 Updated: December 29, 2021
Patient teaching for external radiation therapy:
- Skin over target area will be marked, do no wash off these marks.
- Wash skin over affected area with mild soap and water, gently pat dry.
- Do not apply lotions, powders, ointments to irradiated skin.
- Wear loose, soft clothing.
- Avoid sun or heat exposure to affected area.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.
During auscultation of the vessels of the neck, use the bell of the stethoscope, and ask the patient to hold their breath while you listen.Read More
Good way to remember anticholinergic side effects: Can't see, can't pee, can't spit, can't s**t.Read More
Videos by Subject
Sign up to get the latest on sales, new releases and more …