by Cathy Parkes September 22, 2020 Updated: May 02, 2022
Care of an infant born to a HIV-positive patient:
- Scheduled c-section for viral load > 1,000 copies/mL.
- Administer antiviral agents during pregnancy, labor and delivery, and to the newborn.
- Avoid forceps, vacuum, scalp electrodes, amniotomy.
- Breastfeeding NOT recommended.
- Newborn bathed immediately after delivery.
See our full article on antivirals!
A patient experiencing Acute Kidney Injury (AKI) will likely have hyperkalemia, hyponatremia, hypocalcemia, metabolic acidosis, anemia, and elevated creatinine and BUN.Read Article
A patient taking a strong iodine solution to treat hyperthyroidism or thyrotoxicosis in preparation for thyroidectomy should be educated as to the symptoms of iodism (e.g., metallic taste, stomatitis, severe GI upset).Read Article
Videos by Topic
Sign up to get the latest on sales, new releases and more …